CLICK HERE for the agenda (updated 25 June 2013)
The registration fee is $250 per person. This covers the following:
- meeting registration
- coffee/snack breaks each day
- lunches on August 5, 6, and 7
- icebreaker social on Monday evening (Aug 5), at the Museum of the North at the University of Alaska-Fairbanks campus (museum entrance fee included)
- Riverboat Discovery excursion and dinner on evening of Tuesday, August 6
- Expedition on Thursday afternoon, Aug. 8, to the Poker Flat Research Range north of Fairbanks, where rockets are launched and remote sensing instruments are used to study the Aurora Borealis, noctilucent clouds, etc. (a van is available to transport a limited number of participants).
Accompanying persons can attend both the Monday evening icebreaker social and the riverboat excursion for $50. Registration will be available online soon (meanwhile, you may submit abstracts via email).
Reduced registration – an electronic system will be available shortly where you can request travel assistance and a reduced registration rate of $50 for students and some presenters needing partial support.
For attendees of the 2013 Light and Color in Nature conference, a hotel group rate has been set up through Fountainhead Hotels in Fairbanks. Please use LICN813 at any of the following hotel locations to receive the listed reduced rate:
Bridgewater Hotel $139
Wedgewood Resort $159
Sophie’s Station $169
Bear Lodge $159
Please note that the group rate will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations should be made as soon as possible, as August is during the peak tourism season and hotel space will fill up quickly.
Travel around Alaska from Fairbanks
Click here for some suggestions on places to go and things to see while in Fairbanks and Alaska.